Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Living in Buffalo might have it's perks (if you think of any, let me know), but at least I have an excuse to do nothing all day. The foot of snow in my front yard is going to make damn sure of that.

Big win for the Orange last night. Despite the Tigers struggles so far this year, I thought the task of going into Memphis against a ranked team, down Devendorf and with an ailing Johnny would be too much for this squad. I also thought that taking down Kansas in the state of Kansas would be too difficult. Shows how much I know.

Flynn led the 'Cuse with 24 points, sure, but I thought that Rick Jackson really set the tone in this game. I know that sounds weird. But, by a show of hands, who thought that Rick would be the difference in this game? Onuaku was largely ineffective in his 30 minutes. Jackson picked up the big mans slack with 14 points in his 28 minutes. He had several dunks and I also believe I saw him steal the ball at one point and fire it down to an open man downcourt. I might have been daydreaming, don't hold me to that memory.

Though the Orange played well, there were some ugly parts of this game...most notably the Orange free-throw shooting and the Memphis three-point shooting. Both putrid.

But let's keep things happy. This was a massive win for this squad. Somewhat depleted and banged up, they went to the home of a tournament team and came out with another non-conference win to slap on their resume. Exciting. I like this. Let's keep it up.

No comments: